King For A Day

Commemorate the father in your life with a meal fit for a king!
As we get set to honor the dads in our lives on Sunday, June 21st, 2015 I have scoured through my recipes to find the perfect Father's Day Dinner idea. Make a steakhouse style dinner in your own home with these scrumptious recipes. I figured the cost of everything here to come out to approximately $122.00 versus a fine steakhouse restaurant where you would spend over $300.00 for four people!

Every single recipe here is straightforward - not overly complicated and yet each one is distinctly amazing in it's own right. I just spoke to a friend last evening who asked me, "Do you really make all that food on your blog?" I answered, "Yes I do." Her reply: "Well I have to say you eat really well!" We do and sometimes we go a bit off course than what is a normal budget for food; but no matter what, it's all good and it's all delicious - well most all of it is. Dishes that are not good never make it here on the blog.

Start off by treating that special dad with an appetizer that will knock his socks off. If your dad or the father of your children loves oysters he is going to absolutely go crazy for the Long Island Broiled Oysters. They get heated just for a bit under the broiler to melt the yummy Gruyere cheese that sits atop the luscious oyster and small amount of filling.


Who doesn't love a good and flavorful steak? Whenever I splurge I go for either Porterhouse Steak or if I really want to splurge, a rib eye steak. You end up getting the best of both worlds with the Porterhouse as you'll see in the photograph. One side is the New York Strip and the other the Filet Mignon. There's a great video in the post explaining cuts of steak.


And the sides I have chosen are incredible and exemplify the best a steakhouse has to offer and they can be made right in your own home. The first is the Steakhouse Potato Gratin. You can't have a steak without some potatoes now can you? This luscious, creamy gratin is over the top good!


The other perfect pairing with steak are mushrooms. I absolutely do love the taste of the porcini mushroom so I chose them for Steakhouse Mushrooms with Marsala. Whatever you do, please go and buy some Marsala from the liquor store otherwise this dish will be a bust! Your king will be so happy to have some along side his steak.


And finally you need something green, something healthy and something delicious for a vegetable. Well the Restaurant-Style Broccoli and Garlic fits in perfectly with this King For A Day restaurant quality meal at home. The broccoli is cooked perfectly and remains a stunning green. Dad will love it.


At last you've eaten this delicious dinner with the man or men in your life you're honoring on Father's Day and it's time to relax and settle in with perhaps a cup of coffee and dessert. I've got you covered there too!

Chocolate Cake with Black Raspberry Ganache ~ it's simple, it's elegant and it's delicious. Very easy to make too!


Another easy and delicious recipe that looks terrific is Easy Chocolate Swirl Cheesecake Tart. So if the dad(s) you are honoring love cheesecake this is a good one.


This last easy and chocolaty dessert is one of my recent posts. These are the bomb and so simple to make. You have to check out Easy Chocolate, Date and Nut Cookie Bars. I think they go fantastic with that ending cup of coffee.


And to close out the post I am wishing all my male reader's a very Happy Father's Day and it is my hope that you all honor your father or the man who you consider a father or mentor in your life. If you haven't spoken to your Dad in a while - please call. Don't text a message, don't e-mail; make the simple act of picking up the phone to say Happy Father's Day to show you care. You never know if you'll ever get that opportunity in the future as life is too short

I know that all too well as we lost a father figure in our family on Father's Day last year in 2014. My brother-in-law Dave passed. It was devastating for all of us especially to my sister and her two daughters as it was sudden and unexpected. This coming Saturday we will be celebrating his memory together with family and friends, but we all wish we were with celebrating with him instead.

Comments

Popular Posts

Popular Posts