Chocolate Fudge Walnut Cookies



Yum
What a breeze these are to whip up and they make for great back to school snacks for lunches or for when the kids get home. This recipe is the reason why I love cake box cookies; anyone including myself (and I don't profess to be a baker) can make them.

If you happen upon a bargain for the walnuts these cookies lean toward inexpensive. Beside that they have that home made feel versus mass produced cookies which can be outrageous in price.

Whenever I see cake mixes on sale I usually grab anything that is chocolate flavored knowing that I can quell the chocoholic by making cupcakes, a cake or cookies.

I used my 1 1/2" scoop and got 20 cookies. Your yield will be greater if you use a smaller scoop. We like big cookies so this was perfect! Aside from baking these cookies took me so little time to make and place on cookie sheets. Total time for that was about 20 minutes.
  • 1 box Betty Crocker® Chocolate Fudge cake mix
  • 2 eggs
  • 3/4 stick butter - melted
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/4 cup light brown sugar
  • 1 cup chopped walnuts
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  1. Mix all ingredients until well incorporated.
  2. Add the nuts and fold them in.
  3. Bake in a preheated 350° oven for 13-15 minutes.


Use a smaller scoop and you can probably get 36 cookies. My cost was around $5.60 as I did not get the nuts on sale. I urge you to get nuts on sale when you can and keep them in your freezer until you are ready to use them.

Comments

Popular Posts

Popular Posts